A Job (or Job Vacancy), is a real, live job that you are recruiting for now in your business. A job would usually be advertised on a job board or in a newspaper, directing people to apply on your StaffCV job seeker website. A job typically has a closing date, when you plan to close off applications and process all the people who applied.
A Talent Pool is a listing that you can create on your website, that is for 'Expressions of Interest'. It can be open all year around, and it may be for:
- a singular position 'type' (e.g. 'Cabin Crew', 'Customer Service Representatives')
- an area or department of your business (e.g. 'Finance', 'HR', 'Marketing' Talent Pool)
- your business as a whole (in this case, the application form associated with the Talent Pool will usually ask a job seeker which area(s) of your business they are interested in working in)
How should I use my Talent Pool when I have a Job Vacancy?
In your Talent Pool, you can set up searches to find people who match your job's minimum requirements.
Let's say you have a 'Cabin Crew' Talent Pool. If you have a current Cabin Crew job ready to recruit, then go ahead and set up the specific Job Vacancy (e.g. Cabin Crew - Los Angeles). Search your Cabin Crew Talent Pool for people who meet your criteria, and then email them an 'Invitation to Apply' for the Cabin Crew - Los Angeles Job Vacancy. You'll also likely be advertising the vacancy externally, so you'll get a mix of new applicants and Talent Pool applicants for the vacancy.
Both a Job Vacancy and a Talent Pool can have Process Bins that you can 'bucket' your applicants into.
- In a Talent Pool they are most likely to be general categories that interest you for future recruitment drives (e.g. 'Los Angeles Base', 'Auckland Base', 'Sydney Base'
- In a Job Vacancy, they are most likely to be actual process steps that you will take when you are recruiting. e.g. 'Longlist', 'Shortlist', 'First Interview', 'Second Interview', etc.